Sat. 1st Oct. 2011:South Haven Point, Studland Bay

Monday 19 September 2011

Day 17, Sun 18th Sept Goran Haven to Charlestown

By now I’m pretty sure that YOU could tell ME what this morning’s weather was like! Correct! “Changeable”, changing from light rain to heavy rain until noon but thereafter grudgingly improving into the afternoon. Some of the more astute of you will have observed that these latest blogs show my run as being  slightly out of sequence with the anti-clockwise direction from Minehead to Poole. This has been due to the forces of evil ganging up on my Achilles (or should that be “Ochilles for a Jock?) and  sending me off in the direction of the nearest fizzio. In addition we have been indulging in some spectator sport, following our daughter, Alison, as she careered around South Cornwall this morning with her friend, Sarah, and 90 other adrenalin seekers, in the Fowey triathlon. The river estuary crossing (freezing) was followed by a 16-mile bike race and a 9-mile road  run to return to Fowey. Now that’s what I call endurance testing: well done girls.
Meanwhile  I managed to squeeze in a run from Goran Haven to Charlestown near St Austell, a link in the great SWCP which was as tough as they come with severe undulating gradients and never- ending hills. Over this section I wore mountain walking boots to try and give my Achilles more support and I can hardly wait to see the next fizzio early tomorrow morning in Plymouth. Let’s hope he’s a fully qualified member of the Magic Circle!
Tomorrow it will be upwards and onwards again as we will break camp here at Par, and head off to our next accommodation in Fowey provided by Alison’s friend, Sarah. Thanks again, Sarah. And so to bed .

1 comment:

  1. Clocking in again to follow the next installments. My, what an energetic family - well done Alison. I guess you must be over half way now Jack and counting. What a tale to tell.
    Keeping dashing. All the best Dave & Lorna

    ReplyDelete